How to un-register?

Sep 10, 2010 at 9:23 AM

I found this tool very useful, but I made a mistake and registered my PHP 5.2.13 version which use the ISAPI module, not CGI one.

The steps which I made:

I had an isntalled 5.2.13 ISAPI - working  well.

I want to trial some new add-on to the PHP which needs PHP 5.3.3.

I noticed that 5.3.3 doesn't support the ISAPI mode :-(((

Unfortunately I need the ISAPI mode, because I had my own ISAPI working extensions DLLs, I wrote them, so I can't update my web server to the 5.3.3, I have to work with the 5.2.13 for ages...

Just before I updated the new PHP 5.3.3, I found your PHP manager, and I thought this is the tool which I exactly need, with it I can change the PHP versions very easily... Wooww!

So I installed the PHP manager, then with it I registered the PHP 5.3.3 fastCGI. Seems everything is ok.

Then I thought I register also the 5.2.13 with it.

Your module prompts for an EXE. Hmmm!??? First I choose the the PHP5ISAPI.DLL, but it wasn't success...

Then I choose the PHP.EXE from there, and here I made a mistake.

(a) I think your manager doesn't able  to handle that PHP versions which uses ISAPI mode, am I right?

So I decided to un-register the 5.2.13 from your manager, but I can't do it.

(b) That is my second question: how can I un-register a PHP version/folder from your PHP manager - without to remove it from the IIS, without to remove it from it's original folder!?

- Gyorgy

Sep 10, 2010 at 2:33 PM
Edited Sep 10, 2010 at 2:56 PM

Hi Gyorgy,

Thanks for trying out the tool. You are correct - the PHP manager does not support registration of PHP via ISAPI. ISAPI is not a recommended way of running PHP on IIS - that's why it was actually removed from PHP 5.3.

But I understand that you need ISAPI for some compatibility reasons. If you want to go back to using ISAPI for the server or for a particual web site then in IIS Manager select that web site or server in the tree view on the left and then click on Handlers feature. In the list view there find the handler named php-5.2.13 and delete it.