PHP Manager not appearing on IIS 8 and Windows Server 2012

Oct 23, 2012 at 2:28 AM

Installed both 5.4 and 5.3 using the Web Platform Installer 4 and cannot see PHP Manager.

C:\Program Files(x86)\PHP\v5.4 + v5.3 are both there.

Not sure what else to try here. Maybe go back to IIS 7.5?

Coordinator
Oct 26, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Hi Mike,

In the Add/Remove Programs, do you see that PHP manager is indeed installed? If yes, then this maybe a bug in the PHP Manager installer. I'll need to investigate.

Oct 26, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Hi Ruslan,

Not it does not appear to be on the Add/Remove Programs list! OK I figured out the problem.

WPI does not install PHP Manager when you install PHP on Windows 2012 (or IIS8, not sure which one is the culprit).

Downloading and installing the 64 bit binary from the website http://phpmanager.codeplex.com/releases/view/69115 now makes the icon show up in IIS 8.

Thanks for the help. I didn't realize I could install it separately from WPI.

Cheers!

-Mike

Nov 15, 2012 at 4:56 PM

i have the same configuration installed but on 5.4, we are getting a FastCgiModule with the handler PHP_viz_FastCGI (yes it has a z instead of an a). have you had any problems with fastcgi?

May 14, 2013 at 3:08 AM
I have the same problem:c

What if my PC uses 32-Bits... does it also work if I download the x86?
Jun 26, 2013 at 3:35 PM
I can confirm the same "issue" with the WPI (Web Platform Installer) in that the PHP Manager does not show up on IIS 8 (not IIS Express, the "true" full version of IIS).

This is on two Windows Server 2012 installs, and two Windows 8 installs. IIS was installed first. Then, I used the WPI to install PHP 5.4.14 on all four machines (only). After the install, then I went back and installed the PHP extensions from WPI such as WinCache, etc.

To my surprise, when I went to actually use this machines and VMs, there was no "PHP Manager" in IIS. Given, yes, I can do it all manually in php.ini. But the point behind PHP Manager was it's "things aren't optimized" suggestions and easy tweaking. Even its ability to configure a site-specific php.ini on a per website basis is just a few clicks.

It would seem that the packages uploaded to the WPI do not include PHP Manager any longer. Either that, or Windows 8/2012 refuses to install the IIS plugin from the package.

But now that I found the codeplex site, I'll just use it going forward I supposed. Just yet another step people have to take to make Windows bend.
Jan 15, 2014 at 9:44 PM
I need a help. I'm using IIS 8 in windows 8, I installed PHP Manager, but it does not show on IIS Panel. what does it mean? Please help me make PHP manager show on IIS Panel

Thanks!
Jan 24, 2014 at 8:20 PM
I tested the installation today and here is what I am finding out.
In order to be able to get the PHP Manager 1.2 installed you need to have .NET Framework 2.0 and 3.5 feature install fails on Windows Server 2012 RC
This allowed me to get he PHP Manager worked on my Windows 2012 R2 server.

Tested this on 2 scenarios:

ONE:
  • Installing the IIS Role
    • In my case, I installed Windows 2012 R2 x64
    • I then, add a Role – Web Server (IIS)
    • Select to add the Roles and Features
    • Next, added .NET framework 3.5 features see below…
    • I click Next> and on the next Role Service I added a few things… Including Application Development. Check .Net extensibility 3.5 and 4.5, Asp.Net 3.5, ISAPI Ext and Filter
    • After this completed, I then installed WPI 4.6
    • Then, I installed some of the basic things I normally configured on my IIS web Servers. This worked without any errors.
SECOND:
  • Already had IIS installed but not .Net 3.5 ( including 3.0 and 2.0) installed
  • If this does not work forwhatever resons, you can use command line
This is the command that I used to install .NET Framework 3.5 in Server 2012 R2

C:\Users\Administrator>dism.exe /online /enable-feature /all /featurename:NetFX3 /Source:D:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
Version: 6.3.9600.16384

Image Version: 6.3.9600.16384

Enabling feature(s)
[==========================100.0%==========================]
The operation completed successfully.
Feb 9, 2014 at 6:39 AM
I have a clean install of Windows Server 2012R2 x64 and I then added a Role - Web Server (IIS). [Which installs the full version of IIS 8.5, not IIS Express]

I then installed WPI 4.6
After this completed, I tried to install the PHP 5.5.8 package (from Web PI 4.6) and PHP Manager 1.2 failed to install.

It seems that PHP Manager 1.2 is not being updated and doesn't work properly with Windows Server 2012R2 and IIS 8.5 and .NET framework 4.5.

PHP 5.5.8 package for WPI 4.6 with PHP Manager 1.2 seems to have some very weird/legacy dependencies and even though I'm trying to install PHP 5.5.8 (or 5.5.9) it requires a dependency installation of PHP 5.3.8 and Visual C++ 2008 redistributable just for PHP Manager 1.2 to install (and the PHP Manager 1.2 installation STILL fails and doesn't work properly).

I don't want to install PHP 5.3.8 on my system and I just want to install PHP 5.5.8 or PHP 5.5.9 with PHP Manager 1.2 (x64) on Windows Server 2012R2 x64 with IIS 8.5 (full version, not IIS Express).

The Web Platform Installer 4.6 packages need to be updated/fixed, and we need a PHP 5.5.9 package for Windows 2012R2 x64 with PHP Manager 1.2/1.3 x64 that can run using Visual C++ 2012 redistributable and the latest .NET framework 4.5 (without needing to install .NET framework 2.0 or 3.0 as a dependency).

I can in fact confirm the same "issue" with the WPI 4.6 (Web Platform Installer 4.6) in that the PHP Manager 1.2 does not show up on IIS 8.5 (not IIS Express, the "true" full version of IIS 8.5 that is included/installed with Windows Server 2012R2 in the "IIS/Web Server" role).
Feb 9, 2014 at 6:48 AM
I tried to download and install the PHP Manager 1.2 for IIS 7 from here: https://phpmanager.codeplex.com/releases/view/69115

This seems to be an EXTREMELY old 3 year old release, and it seems to require .NET Framework 2.0, and the MSI install file will not run without .NET framework 2.0 installed.

I'm running Windows Server 2012R2 with IIS 8.5 and I have the latest .NET Framework 4.5 installed. Can you please update the PHP Manager 1.2 Installer so that it will require .NET Framework 4.5 (instead of .NET Framework 2.0) so that people can install this on newer systems without having to install really old/legacy .NET 2.0?
Feb 9, 2014 at 6:54 AM
The PHP Manager 1.2 for IIS7 Installer (released Jun 27, 2011) requires .NET Framework 2.0 and doesn't seem to work/run on .NET Framework 4.5.

I am running a clean install of Windows Server 2012R2 with a clean install of "Web Server Role" (IIS 8.5) and I have .NET Framework 4.5 installed, but I can't get the PHP Manager 1.2 for IIS 7 to install.

The installation package/MSI file seems to require a very old/legacy .NET Framework 2.0, and .NET Framework 2.0 has been retired years ago and is no longer even available.

Please update the PHP Manager 1.2 so that it requires the latest .NET Framework 4.5

These are the only versions of .NET Framework available: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/aa496123

.NET Framework 2.0 was End Of Life years ago and is no longer available for download. Please update your PHP Manager for IIS installer package and create a new updated version that works with Windows Server 2012R2 (x64) and IIS 8.5 and PHP 5.5.9 (x64) and PHP Manager 1.3 (x64) and works with .NET Framework 4.5.
Feb 9, 2014 at 6:59 AM
ruslany wrote:
Hi Mike, In the Add/Remove Programs, do you see that PHP manager is indeed installed? If yes, then this maybe a bug in the PHP Manager installer. I'll need to investigate.
No, I do not see PHP Manager Installer in the Add/Remove Programs.

The PHP Manager 1.2 for IIS 7 Installer does not work with Windows Server 2012R2 and IIS 8.5 and does not install on systems running .NET Framework 4.5 (the PHP Manager 1.2 Installer requires an extremely old/legacy .NET Framework 2.0 which no longer exists and was end of life several years ago and is no longer available from Microsoft).

The PHP Manager 1.2 will not install without this old .NET Framework 2.0 dependency, and it won't install on a Windows 2012R2 with IIS 8.5 system with the latest .NET Framework 4.5 installed.

Please fix the installer and please release a new version of PHP Manager 1.3 that is designed to work/install on Windows Server 2012R2 and IIS 8.5 and works/installs with PHP 5.5.9 and the latest .NET Framework 4.5.
Feb 9, 2014 at 7:01 AM
Hello, Mike, thanks for your response, but I already solve this problem long time ago

Enviado desde mi iPhone

El 09/02/2014, a las 01:59, "TD_Trader" <[email removed]> escribió:

ruslany wrote:
Hi Mike, In the Add/Remove Programs, do you see that PHP manager is indeed installed? If yes, then this maybe a bug in the PHP Manager installer. I'll need to investigate.
No, I do not see PHP Manager Installer in the Add/Remove Programs.

The PHP Manager 1.2 for IIS 7 Installer does not work with Windows Server 2012R2 and IIS 8.5 and does not install on systems running .NET Framework 4.5 (the PHP Manager 1.2 Installer requires an extremely old/legacy .NET Framework 2.0 which no longer exists and was end of life several years ago and is no longer available from Microsoft).

The PHP Manager 1.2 will not install without this old .NET Framework 2.0 dependency, and it won't install on a Windows 2012R2 with IIS 8.5 system with the latest .NET Framework 4.5 installed.

Please fix the installer and please release a new version of PHP Manager 1.3 that is designed to work/install on Windows Server 2012R2 and IIS 8.5 and works/installs with PHP 5.5.9 and the latest .NET Framework 4.5.
Aug 10, 2014 at 4:59 PM
I would agree this issue needs to be fixed, and fixed ASAP.
Dec 5, 2014 at 2:02 PM
i DID have the same Problem as you all people, but i did some diving into also. (that's why it's called Open Source ;-) )

you need to install the Powershell 2.0 Feature on your Windows Server 2012, the installation will go through successfully

ciao Ralf
Dec 7, 2014 at 3:32 AM
i have powershell installed, it didnt change anything