php manager does not install on windows 2012 with iis 8

Nov 12, 2013 at 8:47 PM
Edited Nov 12, 2013 at 9:11 PM
my system is: windows 2012 64bit, iis 8 ( installed php version from Web PI is 5.3.24 )

So I installed php from the web platform installer and php manager did not appear in the IIS manager. Thus i proceeded to download PHP MANAGER from codeplex. I downloaded the x64 bit version. When i tried to run it, I got a message that php manager needs .net framework 2.0 or else it won't install. .net framework 4.0 is already installed ( part of ) windows 2012 server, so shouldn't that suffice? Do i have to find and manually download .net framework 2.0 as well ? maybe it's a bug of the php manager installer ? Does even such an old version exist in some official MS link?
Nov 13, 2013 at 4:54 AM
Hi mirrormirror.

Thanks for reporting this. It probably needs it because it was compiled using that version. I'll need to produce a new release wich is compiled against the latest version of .net framework.
Nov 13, 2013 at 8:04 AM
Hi ruslany. Thank you for your quick reply. Is there any chance that this new release against .net framework 4.0 will be released soon by you? I don't want to install .net framework 2.0 and mess things up in my windows 2012 server with two versions.
Jan 24, 2014 at 8:26 PM
Notes also on this post:

I tested the installation today and here is what I am finding out.
In order to be able to get the PHP Manager 1.2 installed you need to have .NET Framework 2.0 and 3.5 feature install fails on Windows Server 2012 RC
This allowed me to get he PHP Manager worked on my Windows 2012 R2 server.

Tested this on 2 scenarios:

•Installing the IIS Role
• In my case, I installed Windows 2012 R2 x64
• I then, add a Role – Web Server (IIS)
• Select to add the Roles and Features
• Next, added .NET framework 3.5 features see below…
• I click Next> and on the next Role Service I added a few things… Including Application Development. Check .Net extensibility 3.5 and 4.5, Asp.Net 3.5, ISAPI Ext and Filter
• After this completed, I then installed WPI 4.6
• Then, I installed some of the basic things I normally configured on my IIS web Servers. This worked without any errors.

•Already had IIS installed but not .Net 3.5 ( including 3.0 and 2.0) installed
•If this does not work forwhatever resons, you can use command line

This is the command that I used to install .NET Framework 3.5 in Server 2012 R2

C:\Users\Administrator>dism.exe /online /enable-feature /all /featurename:NetFX3 /Source:D:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
Version: 6.3.9600.16384

Image Version: 6.3.9600.16384

Enabling feature(s)
The operation completed successfully.